RSVP for 19th Annual Peter J. Cutino Awards
Peter J. Cutino Award Banquet
The Peter J. Cutino Award made its debut in 1999. This award is a symbol of the commitment The Olympic Club has toward athletics and to the great tradition of its Water Polo program. The namesake of the award is perhaps the greatest name in United States Water Polo—former UC Berkeley and The Olympic Club of San Francisco Water Polo coach Peter J. Cutino.
The Peter J. Cutino Award is presented annually by The Olympic Club to honor the outstanding Division One collegiate male and female athlete in the sport of Water Polo. The sport of Water Polo has a long and distinguished history at The Olympic Club and it is the distinct pleasure of the Club to sponsor this award.
The Club’s rich tradition of excellence in the sport of Water Polo began in the 1930’s and continues today. It is this tradition combined with one of the greatest names in the sport that will form the legacy that will secure the Peter J. Cutino Award a place in history as a symbol of athletic excellence.
Administration of the award is the responsibility of the awards Executive Director, The Olympic Club’s standing Athletic Director. A five person Board of Trustees works with the Executive Director of the award to advise in areas of the awards tradition and integrity. The Cutino Award Trustees serve no more than three years. One Trustee is a member of the Athletic Committee; one Trustee is from the Board of Directors; and the remaining two Trustees are from The Olympic Club’s Water Polo program or the Water Polo community outside The Olympic Club.
- 1999 Bernice Orwig, (USC) & Sean Kern, (UCLA)
- 2000 Aniko Pelle, (USC) & Sean Kern, (UCLA)
- 2001 Coralie Simmons, (UCLA) & Tony Azevedo, (Stanford)
- 2002 Brenda Villa, (Stanford) & Tony Azevedo, (Stanford)
- 2003 Jackie Frank, (Stanford) & Tony Azevedo, (Stanford)
- 2004 Moriah Van Norman, (USC) & Tony Azevedo, (Stanford)
- 2005 Natalie Golda, (UCLA) & Juraj Zatovic, (USC)
- 2006 Lauren Wenger, (USC) & John Mann (UC Berkeley)
- 2007 Kelly Rulon, (UCLA) & Tim Hutten (UC Irvine)
- 2008 Courtney Mathewson from (UCLA) & J.W. Krumpholz (USC)
- 2009 Kami Craig, (USC) & J.W. Krumpholz, (USC)
- 2010 Kami Craig, (USC) & Ivan Rackov (UC Berkeley)
- 2011 Annika Dries, (Stanford) & Joel Dennerly, (USC)
- 2012 Kiley Neushul, (Stanford) & Balazs Erdelyi, (UOP)
- 2013 Melissa Seidemann, (Stanford) & Balazas Erdelyi, (UOP)
- 2014 Anika Dries, (Stanford) & Kostas Genidounias, (USC)
- 2015 Kiley Neushul, (Stanford) & Garrett Danner (UCLA)
- 2016 Stephania Haralabidis (USC)